Would you like to follow in the tracks of the Templars?
- Trek duration- 2 days and 1 night
- Accommodation – stopover gite at La Couvertoirade
- Departure from Cavalquinta – Return to Cavalquinta
- If you wish to go on this trek with your own horse – please contact us
- Target riders – from 10 years old
- Required level – at ease with the three gaits and in good physical condition
- €270 per person – (supplies service, guide and accommodation included)
- Payment by cheque or cash (credit or debit cards not accepted)
Invalid Displayed Gallery
Between the 12th and the 14th century, the Templars and particularly the Hospitaller Order established commandries in the south Larzac plateau. We’ll go for a weekend ride on the track of these commandries.
We’ll cross the karst landscapes of the Grands Causses, with its rich flora and fauna. Once we arrive in the hospitaller city of La Couvertoirade, we’ll stop by the ramparts, where you can admire the heritage of this incredibly well-preserved city. As well as visiting the mill, the baker’s oven and the square towers, you will be able to stroll along the cobbled streets and enjoy a peaceful night steeped in history.
On our way back, we’ll take the old roman roads, crossing the Causse de Campestre before going back down to the gorges de la Vis, to enjoy the mysterious riverside calm. You’d be surprised to see how many marvels this land conceals and probably amazed to discover the diversity of the scenery on a weekend horse trip, following the tracks of the Templars.
To enable you to enjoy nature at its purest, Cavalquinta has decided to keep this trek available all year long upon reservation.
This trek has been created by Cavalquinta to offer you professionally organised trails which are varied and original.